Here at MotaWord, we work hard to build the world’s fastest, lowest-cost, cloud-based and collaborative business translation platform. We provide translation service in 90 languages, 55 countries and through the work of over 19 thousand translators.
We allow our clients to order translation service through our award winning website, mobile apps, our solid API, multiple plug-ins and extensions and we want to grow that. As we want to optimize and further improve the visual experience of our solutions for our clients, vendors and developers in the translation ecosystem, we are looking for talented visual designers.
Our team designs MotaWord applications with modern tools, involves the team members in the process, stages its designs for the internal team before deploying into production and constantly improves them. We regularly publish marketing content such as blog articles, infographics and distribute them to a wide range of audiences.
We want you to join our team where we enjoy the freedom to innovate with a variety of technologies and approaches in a truly international entourage.
You will utilize your design and creative skills to design and maintain the most intuitive applications and content for our customers and translators. If you are a resourceful team player who does not shy away from taking responsibility in all stages of a company for a new venture, we want to meet you.
Our HQ is located in New York City, but we are wizards of remote-working also. We document everything, work systematically and hold impromptu meetings any time of the day to bring our teams closer to target.
- Establish and maintain the look and feel for various interfaces, including websites, mobile devices, apps and wearables
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Design logos, icons and infographics
- Create and organize production assets
- Source images (stock photos and video footage)
- Work with a component library
- Work regularly on web (e.g. blog) and email marketing items, presentation materials and interactive event materials
- Create footage or animated videos from time to time, or manage their production via external resources
- Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Closely collaborate with IT and business teams to solve complex issues, like interaction models and data visualization
- A solid foundation in typography, layout and design
- Experience with or will to learn Figma deeply
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills, along with presentation
- A penchant for details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress and meet deadlines
- The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Proficiency in English sufficient to be able to communicate with our team
- You’ve got a can-do attitude and have a proactive approach to your work
- Desire to blend within company culture (especially important as one of the only design people in the team)
Just send an e-mail introducing yourself to email@example.com